Boat storage, repairs, land yachting

Started by rfrance0718, Dec 12, 2023, 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfrance0718

4 of 6 boats are in their winter resting spots. I sill need to bring home Tami's Laser and hang it in the garage. Also have to tarp her Daysailer. I've got some varnish work to do on the wood Thistle and I'm continuing with my deck joint work on the Oday. It's also time to get back to work on our restoration project.  We took my mini camper on a shake down cruise last week. Had to share a 200 spot campground with 3 others. Beautiful couple of days. As soon as they get some more snow in Northern Michigan I'll start taking trips up there for xc skiing.
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.       

Doug SC

Makes me want to flyfish looking at where you camped. Do you do any fishing?

rfrance0718

I don't, but have often thought about going after the Perch and Walleye in Lake Erie. Not sure I want to join the flotillas of actual fishing boats out there. Would probably want to slip off somewhere on my own.   

Norm L.

One of my high school classmates sends me newspaper photos and articles of the walleye seasonal chaos. It's like the opening of seasonal crab season in the northwest but with smaller boats.
Before the kids were in school, we would do a lot of October camping along the east coast. Appalachian parks, Cliffs of the Neuse, Cape Hatteras. It was fine having beautiful parks all to ourselves.
Except on Kittyhawk one weekend there was some sort of fish running and the beach was full of pickup trucks with people surf fishing all night.