News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Father's Day Gift

Started by Captain Kidd, Jul 12, 2024, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Kidd

Just got my Father's Day gift from my older daughter. A little late but she let me choose the picture and she ordered on FD. Probably a computer generated "water color" though it might be real - not actually sure. Me sailing on Chickamauga Lake up near Dayton. Going on my office wall.

You cannot view this attachment.

Brian N.

Great gift! We have several artist friends (various media) and always find it special to get a piece of their work. As for Father's Day, something heartfelt can't be beat.

My request for fathers day is usually to spend some time on the boat (which often does not work out). This year I received Yankees vs Mets tickets at Yankee stadium. It will be great to enjoy the game with my kids (even better that they all are old enough for a beer!)
Fair winds
Brian N.

Riley Smith

Nice gift! Your daughter did good!
Riley

Doug SC

It is sure to bring back many memories as you look at it over the years ahead.

Norm L.

That is an excellent photo to choose. I think that is a dream photo of many of us and of many who have never sailed.

Captain Kidd

Quote from: Norm L. on Jul 13, 2024, 03:16 PMThat is an excellent photo to choose. I think that is a dream photo of many of us and of many who have never sailed.

I have a couple nice pictures taken abeam, but this stern shot just does something for me. Nice view of the transom, the sweep of the sheer shows nicely, gentle heel, the rig is ever so impressive from that angle. Glad you like it!