I can feel it in the air.....

Started by Riley Smith, Aug 10, 2024, 08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Smith

Oh, what a great day! The humidity is down!
Many of you will not understand that statement, living ANY elevation above sea level like you do, and in places cooler, but in Mississippi that means it is as good as it gets. Depending on temperature. Which yesterday, was in the high 90F range midday, but this early morning is mighty fine. You have to make hay while it isn't raining, so the early morning chores are pleasurable without that wet blanket feeling. It'll come soon enough.

This is absolutely no lie, but on a still morning I have traversed down the bluff to the shore, intent on a fight on the rod. And I could FEEL the weight of the water vapor increase in the air as I walked down the bluff getting closer and closer to actual sea level. You have to be there early because you can't take it later even if you are lucky enough to get a cooling breeze. It's too hot and soupy.

That tiny north breeze is blowing too. A faint breath telling of good things to come. The waters off the Labrot House are like a mirror I'd imagine.  I KNOW that this morning I could catch something were I to be ashore with rod in hand. I'm cleared to take a bath finally and the neck feels pretty good actually, but I'm not ready for a fight on a rod just yet. It'll come soon enough too. I could get into slaying some redfish! I saw a video of a huge blow-up over on Mobile bay at a fishing pier. A freenzy...man, that's something to see.
Riley

Frank B.

Well I understand perfectly.  This morning and the next three days are days when "temperature" and "feels like" are exactly the same for the first time in six weeks in which there was often a 10-15 difference with feels like often topping 115. Sheri and I went to the Natchez Trace Trail at 6:00 AM and walked four miles, her first time since early June when she had eye surgery.  Finally has enough vision back to pick up the roots, rocks and diversion timbers on the trail so she can safely walk. Now just a touch of rain would be good, but none predicted for fifteen days and we've had none for the last twenty days.

Riley Smith

Got up early and caught a couple of meteors before dawn. It felt awesome then and was slightly cool. The Pleiades and Jupiter showed out and it was dark enough by the pool to see the Milky Way before the sun rose. The meteors weren't much and I was too scared I'd run across a snake barefoot to hang outside for long.
Riley