stuck in Little Current

Started by rfrance0718, Aug 16, 2024, 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfrance0718

Hopefully for just one extra day. Their 113 year old swing bridge is stuck. They're saying it will be fixed by tomorrow, and that'll work fine, another day and I'll have weather issues. Other than that I've been to Beaver Trail Bay on the south east side of the U.P, Thessalon, Turnbull Island, and Gore Bay. The weather has been awesome. Maybe some rain today and tomorrow, and it looks pretty windy late Sunday. If I can get out by tomorrow atr 11:00 I can make Tobermory before that hits. If not then I'll go to plan C.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.[attach id=5333]

2 of the pics are anchorage at Turnbull Is. Other 2 are what wind was like until 1:00 yesterday, and then what it was like after 1:00. I'll add some more in a response.

Timm R Oday25

From those of us still stuck at a job , thank you for bringing us along

Sailor Sue

You didn't mention Bear Drop or Oak Bay, probably 2 of the finest anchorages in the North Channel.
You might want to plan your trip down Lake Huron so you're in Kincardine Saturday night for the bagpipe parade and concert. And if you stop at North Cape YC on Lake Erie you might run into John Greiner, especially on a Wednesday night.

rfrance0718

This was a quick trip through and I missed a lot. Next time!

rfrance0718

They got the bridge opperational this afternoon so I'm out first thing in the morning. 40 miles to Club Island tomorrow and then 21 miles into Tobermory Sunday morning. After about 3:00 pm it's going to get hairy there and it looks to stay that way through Monday. I'll sit tight and then have some nice days for my sail down Lake Huron.