News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Breezy 12 Rigging

Started by Breezy12owner, Apr 11, 2023, 11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breezy12owner

Does anyone have the specifications for the rigging for the Breezy 12 cartop sailboat made by Dolphin Industries of Orange, CA?  Or a possible source who could fabricate the mast and Boom?
The sail was made by Reggie Armstrong Sails of Newport Beach.  I still have the sail wich is the sock/sleeve style and is 12'6" high and 6' 6" wide.  The sleeve is slightly larger than a 2" diameter.  The upper mast section diameter was slightly smaller and fit inside the lower mast and overlapped partially.  The hull is approx 75 lbs, bright blue and in great shape.  I'd like to sail again or sell to someone who can solve this rigging riddle.  Any recommendation, please advise.  Thank you.

rfrance0718

Sounds like Laser or PICO sections?

Riley Smith

Do you also have the rudder and dagger/centerboard? Photos always help with these riddles, although I'm sad to say that I don't have the faintest, other than to advise on a mast. A competent fabricator can make what you need in the way of a mast most likely. It may not be cheap, depending on what part of the country you live in. Also, and maybe someone with real knowledge of these type boats will chime in, there is the possibility of adapting a rig off another sailboat. The actual blocks, lines, and fittings can be made or bought. And you can spend as much or as little as possible in this quest. You might go look around the Dwyer site and see if you can find something https://www.dwyermast.com/ Good luck, and keep us informed! I rigged the sheet on my catboat the other evening. Oh yeah! That much closer!
Riley