News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Navionics Update

Started by DBthal, May 10, 2023, 09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBthal

Navionics just released a new version of the app.  It includes updated relief shading and satellite imagery.  After installing the update, also update your charts.

The relief shading is pretty amazing.

You cannot view this attachment.

I had to downgrade the image quality so this photo was small enough to post. Check it out if you're a chart nerd like me.

Dan
Precision 165 "Simple Pleasure"
Sisu 22 "FogCutter"
Portage Pram "Tiny"

Tom G P 21

You're killing me with the screen shot. My 92 year old mother lived on West Cundys Point for 30 years. She moved down here to Massachusetts so she would closer to me about 5 years ago.

Quantico Frank

Quote from: DBthal on May 10, 2023, 09:09 PMNavionics just released a new version of the app.  It includes updated relief shading and satellite imagery.  After installing the update, also update your charts.

The relief shading is pretty amazing.

That's beautiful, Dan. Are you using the iPad app?
Precision 165 "Spirit" built 2011
Home port Quantico, VA, Potomac River

DBthal

QuotePosted by Quantico Frank  - Today at 04:46 AM

That's beautiful, Dan. Are you using the iPad app?

Yes - the screen shot is from my iPad.
Sisu 22 "FogCutter"
Portage Pram "Tiny"

DBthal

QuotePosted by Tom G P 21  - May 10, 2023, 10:34 PM
You're killing me with the screen shot. My 92 year old mother lived on West Cundys Point for 30 years. She moved down here to Massachusetts so she would closer to me about 5 years ago.

Tom,

Cundy's is a beautiful area. The entire Maine coast is a beautiful area!

I moved my Mom to Maine six years ago to be closer to us. She lived in Florida and hurricanes convinced her it was time to get out.

Dan
Sisu 22 "FogCutter"
Portage Pram "Tiny"

Riggerdood

Very cool. So much detail! Just updated on phone and iPad.
1985 Rebel Spindrift 22 - Rum Line
1985 Achilles RIB - Achilles Last Stand

MeWoods

Quote from: DBthal on May 11, 2023, 06:36 AM

Tom,

I moved my Mom to Maine six years ago to be closer to us. She lived in Florida and hurricanes convinced her it was time to get out.

Dan

I'm in Downeast Maine here and agree, the Maine coast is stunningly beautiful!!!!

Tom G P 21

Quote from: DBthal on May 11, 2023, 06:36 AM

Tom,

Dan

So we moved around a lot when I was growing up. One of the places we lived was Florida and they didn't like it. When it was time for my parents to retire, while everyone else was moving to Florida, they picked Maine.

Tom